Greek Arbutus Honey a special product and unique for its high nutritional and therapeutic value with a characteristic bitterish taste.
Arbutus honey contains:
- Arbutin essence which cleans the blood and regulates the level of cholesterol in it.
- Contains the polysaccharide Tyranozi, is proved that experimentally increases the life of the cells.
- The amylase digestive enzyme, which breaks down the starch.
It is very rich in minerals and vitamins and is one of the best options for toning.
Natural antibiotics (which contains largely) result to make a shield for the body from various diseases.
Also used as a diuretic and urinary antiseptic as well as in cases of mild bronchial infections.
-Homogentisic acid, a powerful phenolic acid.The antioxidant and antibacterial qualities of this honey are truly exceptional and it is one of the most antibacterial honeys in the world. Studies we have seen suggest that this is possibly the most antioxidant rich honey available much more so than Buckwheat or Chestnut honey.
Anecdotal evidence we have heard also suggests this honey does not cause blood sugar to spike and is often used locally by diabetics.(This is not a medical claim- please consult your doctor if you are diabetic). It is also known to be beneficial for lung health.
The calories that contains the honey of arbutus are less than other types of honey due to the low rate of glucose and fructose and thus recommended in cases of diet and type II diabetics.
- Dip stick (thin bars) from mature and aged cheeses in arbutus honey.
- Serve with the white creamy ice cream with arbutus honey and bring out the dynamic contrast of flavors.
- Put it in with Sage or Sage Mountain Tea. You will find the harmony of two basically "bitter" like sage and honey arbutus.