The most “Honeydew Honey” of all, ARCADIA PINE Premium Organic Honey is sweet and spicy, purely unique in taste. It has an excellent nutritional profile that promotes overall body and mind health. Arcadia Pine honeydew honey has an impressive pearl-amber color with characteristic metallic highlights. Its extremely thick texture makes it special and much healthier than other flower honey varieties. It contains a high concentration of polyphenols (powerful antioxidants), which are unique-they does not exist anywhere in the world.
LIMITED PRODUCTION IN SMALL BATCHES
✓ TASTE: Hints of woodsy forest, with an underlying resinous taste that finishes warm and spicy. A pleasantly mild, floral sweetness with a lingering hint of a sour aftertaste.
✓ AROMA: Pleasantly mild and delicate fresh woodsy scent.
✓ COLLECTION PERIOD: Summer Season
✓ HARVEST LOCATION: Lower plateau of Mount Mainalon, Arcadia, Greece
The Honeydew Honey
Unique in its own right
ARCADIA PINE Premium Organic Honey is unusual honey because it is not produced entirely by honey bees. It is produced by bees that collect honeydew from insect species which live on native Arcadian Pines. Honeydew is the sugar-like substance on these trees, which sparkles in the sunlight, hence the name "honeydew!" Bees love honeydew. They transform it into a worldwide unique and delicious honey which is naturally low in glucose and fructose. This makes the honey resistant to crystallization (versus flower blossom honey)--while giving it unparalleled earthy flavor!
From native Greek Pine trees
At the lowest plateau of Mainalon Forest, in Arcadia, Greece
Our Premium Organic Honey from Arcadian Pines (Pinus Pinea) is harvested by our bees at the lowest plateau of Mount Mainalon in Arcadia prefecture, in Greece, at an altitude <1000m. Pinus Pinea is native to mount Mainalon which makes the species unique worldwide. This area is strictly demarcated and far away from any human-cultivated land. It is one of the most unspoiled lands in Greece and worldwide. This is where our bees fly free, collecting honeydew from Arcadian Pines
Full-bodied and silky smooth
Naturally low in Glucose and Fructose
A full-bodied and silky smooth honeydew honey, with a rich, thick texture, this honey has an incredibly distinct and intense aroma of pine forest. It has a characteristic malty and earthy flavor with tangy notes. Arcadia Pine Honey is naturally low in Glucose and Fructose, as it is honeydew, honey. It pairs perfectly with cheeses and is an ideal drizzle for salads, desserts, and Greek yogurts.
The honeydew healing agent
- High in phenolic compounds and disease-fighting antioxidant capacities, which act against free radicals (responsible for oxidation and therefore cell-aging)
- High antibacterial and antiviral activity compared to the other kinds of honey
- Great for sore throat and respiratory infections. Its density helps it stick to the lining of the throat, allowing it to calm and heal inflammation, irritation, and cough
- High in dietary mineral concentration: with potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and zinc
- Low in natural sugars versus other flower blossom honey--therefore it is recommended for a balanced, low-calorie diet.
- Ideal for sore throat
- Ideal for winter tea and year-round breakfast
- Ideal for pairing with cheese as digestive-assisting desert
- Ideal for pepping up fruity dessert dishes--or nearly any dish!